Thursday 28 December 2017

Here's my actual favourite moment of 2017

The day before it first snowed...

my sister got married...


to my brother-in-law...


in front of friends and family in Mayfair...


Dad tried out his selfie-stick...


and when the ring went on, the groom's mother looked like she'd just been shown a dinosaur egg.


It was a short, great service...


 it said marriage was about "about closeness and distance" I remember...
The speeches were also short, and great...

 

Zip forward to last week, my sister cooked her first Christmas Dinner for the three of us in their new flat and my brother-in-law made cocktails. We opened and played with presents, went to the pub, met friends, then dragged them back to watch "The Adventure Game" until two in the morning.

The night of the wedding however, the two stayed in a hotel overlooking Soho...

and woke, as I said, to snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment